We hope you are keeping well and adjusting to your new work, social and home environments. Our School currently remains open for students whose parents are keyworkers and we plan to stay open over the Easter Holidays to provide continued support. It’s heart-warming to see how our community has pulled together in these challenging times for everyone but as Mark Sturgeon, our Headmaster, continues to highlight – we remain positive and optimistic.
In a recent Tweet Mark Sturgeon said “to the whole AGS community, we are so proud of the staff, students and families at this challenging time. The School remains open to support the learning and welfare of the school community. We face our challenges with boundless optimism and wish those suffering the very best.”
As part of our Old Aylesburian community we are here to support you during this difficult time and how being part of our OA network may benefit, support and hopefully help you.
· Please take this opportunity to update your OA profile on line – simply login and add as much detail as possible or go to your LinkedIn profile and simply transfer it across to the OA site. Our OAs enjoy seeing up to date photos too and so do upload one if you can.
· Follow the OA specific social media channels to keep in touch:
Facebook: Like https://www.facebook.com/OldAylesburians/
Linked in: Alison Cox – AGS Alumni
Please encourage other former classmates to register too here: https://alumni.ags.bucks.sch.uk/homepage
· Reconnect (virtually) with long lost classmates via our alumni site and the social media channels.
· As many of you will be spending more time at home, if you do happen to be clearing out the loft or files and you come across any old exercise books or school photographs, please do share these with us (via photos or scans) so that we can include them in our archive, share them on social media, display them at the next reunion and perhaps include in our OA newsletter.
· A medium-term project is for our OA community site to provide a great platform to advertise your business in the future and we would like to start building a database of organisations. Please send us your business details with contact information, perhaps even a discount code for OAs and we can advertise your business in the future.
· In the next few weeks you will receive a short survey which will include a request for ideas for future events. Please do take a minute to complete it. Thank you. In the meantime, please note that at this stage our OA Football, OA Cricket and Sharing of Expertise Afternoon is likely to be postponed until September. We will of course keep you posted.
· Please send us an email if you would like to talk or share anything firstname.lastname@example.org. We always enjoy hearing from you and please keep in touch!
Another fantastic Senior Prize Giving celebrating the numerous achievements of our Senior Students - academic and extra-… More...